- 2 lb. Petite Red or Gold Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Coarse Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Freshly Chopped Herbs (flat leaf parsley, rosemary, oregano or sage are all wonderful)
- *optional- grated parmesan cheese & lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400 f.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes and put on a large sheet pan that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until just fork tender.
- Pull pan out and turn oven up to 500.
- Smash each potato with a potato masher or bottom of a mason jar, keeping the potato intact but smashed.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and return to hot oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip potatoes over. (so they get crispy on both sides)
- Continue baking and check after 10 minutes or so until they are as crispy as you like.
- Pull out of oven, drizzle with your best olive oil, S&P and abundant fresh chopped herbs and cheese/lemon zest if using.
- Serve, making sure to scoop up all the crispy bits!
*It’s pretty much a sin to not use your best olive oil for drizzling over the finished dish.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American